Friday, October 24, 2008

no balloon, no party

www.mymomisafob.com
A collection of mostly emails from fob (re: fresh off the boat) moms to their english-speaking kids. Most of them are funny and cute. Because of my struggles learning how to speak french, I'm mostly sympathetic to a lot of their mistakes, and email is unforgivingly permanent. I think my parents made a smart move by making us converse only in Vietnamese with them.

Sometimes people send in photos of their moms wearing fobby things, which is funny but kind of mean (but funny!).


www.mymomisafob.com


Hi! Sandra,

yesterday a girl call Sophia from Nottingham gave me a ring. She wanted touch you,so I gave your email address. ok! take care.

Love Mum xxx

-------------------------------

you still virgin? you know…….no balloon, no party ok? ok

-------------------------------

Dear Children:

Attached the medical report. I know these article in Chinese you might not understand at all. The key thing is ” do not drink or eat the ice cold staff. Special for your breakfast, When you wake up and your body, stomach still does not warm up and function appropriate yet, and you give the cold food, it will cause the stomach muscle clamp. (Just like you get up from warm bed you jump in swim pool your body can not stand it.)

Gradually fail function and hurt your health in silence.

Having a warm health breakfast is very important for your health. Everybody seems knowing it but does not do it, special for your young generation. If you do not have good eating habit now then all kind health problems will appear early than your age

Doctor grandpa, he worked very hard for his life but he always ate right and enjoyed his food, slowly his pace not rushed and scooped food into his mouth.

Hope you guys could change your eating habits. Eating on time with health food, avoid cold staff, slowly and enjoy your food enjoy your life.

Love you all, Mom

------------------------------------



8 comments:

Rohbit said...

This one's my fav!

TITLE - A text from mom on behalf of the family dog

i’m boring! when will y come back to play with me? i have been 5 pus a day, how about y? i have dinner already, see y soon. –dylin

m said...

:) Can you imagine if I moved out and my mom sent me a txt on behalf of Nam?

Chris said...

My mom isn't a fob, by any means, but man some of the emails she sends me are hilarious. And I send some pretty funny ones back too.

The other day she sent all the kids (and melody) a picture of a dead rat in the toilet. So yes, she is apparently that bored. So in return, I sent her a picture of a piece of poop in a toilet and said, "Look mom! Can you believe it! I found a dead wood rat in my toilet too!"

and she got pretty mad, because I accidentally cc'ed my brother's wife on there and APPARENTLY, that doesn't reflect well on our family.

Although, I can't see how emailing picture of dead rats makes us look oh so sophisticated!

m said...

Haha! Yeah I remember your parents, they have a fantastic sense of humour. I see that their asian sense of family pride is still intact, however.

Also: EWW, Chris. Really!

Gautam said...

I am quite sure reuben would've enjoyed that story.

Rohbit said...

lol! You should've posted it on www.ratemyshit.com and sent her the link so she could rate it!

almost anonymous said...

wowness.

reub, i can't believe that website actually exists. do you think there are lots of health professionals secretly documenting trends in fecal matter? i doubt it but maybe there are people who are pretending to.

p.s. i caved and got twitter.

m said...

Nice work, Sheena. Once I get a job I'll update my status. It will be the status to end all statuses.. and maybe even to begin a few statuses.